Make your own Shave Horse
- in an evening! The shave horse is a wonderfully versatile piece of equipment for working in greenwood. It is used to grip the length of wood you are working on and hold it steady to enable you to shape the wood using a draw knife or a spoke shave.
You can clamp and shape the wood, move and re-clamp the wood with minimal effort...and it also gives you somewhere to sit down while you work!
In just an evening you will build your own shave horse to take home and learn basic techniques of how to use it.
The shave horse will be constructed from tanalised timber which can be left outdoors. It will be made using the tried and tested Lumber Horse pattern from Mike Abbott.
The course runs from 5.30pm - 9pm at The Footprint nr Windermere, in the Lake District.
Course fee includes a soup and roll dinner.
Price: £35 (plus £25 materials) incl soup and roll dinner
- Bench and Stool Making
- Bowl Carving
- Bushcraft Skills Development
- Family Bushcraft Camp (2 day)
- Make your own Shave Horse
- Outdoor on the Shore
- Scandinavian Shrink Pot Carving
- Spoon Carving
- Teachers Woodland Introduction and Woodland Developers Course
- The Art of Charcoal
- Whittling Day for Young People 10-17 yrs
- Woodland Explorer Residential (3 Day)