Teachers Woodland Introduction and Woodland Developers Course
A one day course of CPD aimed at teachers/group leaders wanting to work with children outdoors. Covering bushcraft skills, firelighting, ideas and inspiration to deepen connection with Nature.
This course is aimed at teachers/group leaders who want to start working with groups outdoors or who want to develop their range of activities and confidence.This is not an accredited Forest School course however it will cover many similar subject strands with our Woodmatters style.
We will cover: Fire lighting, Campfire Safety, Campfire Cooking, Project Ideas And Safe Tool Use With Children, Nature Awareness, Sensory Games
Participants will receive a resource pack with model risk assessments, ideas and reading list.
The courses are held in the woods at St Catherines The Footprint nr Windermere in the Lake District
Tutors: Gareth and Rosemary Thomas
Contact us to book or for more info (click here)
Price: £130 incl campfire lunch
- Adult Hammock, Yoga, Bushcraft & Spoon Carving (2 day)
- Bench and Stool Making
- Bowl Carving
- Bushcraft Skills Development
- Family Bushcraft Camp (2 day)
- Make your own Shave Horse
- Outdoor on the Shore
- Scandinavian Shrink Pot Carving
- Spoon Carving
- Teachers Woodland Introduction and Woodland Developers Course
- The Art of Charcoal
- Whittling Day for Young People 10-17 yrs
- Woodland Explorer Residential (3 Day)