Woodmatters Covid-19 Protocol
Updated 26/2/2021 We have carried out a comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment and added these COVID-19 protocols to comply with the government’s advice, Public Health England and the Health and Safety Executive guidance
From 29th March 2021 the rule of 6 will apply in outdoor settings therefore we are able to begin running our outdoor courses within these guidelines from this date
- We will ensure all participants and/or group leaders have received Woodmatters COVID Protocol (providing information on Woodmatters website, booking forms, or via email)
- By attending a Woodmatters course all participants agree that they will comply with current protocols.
- Participants must not attend a course if they currently have any COVID-19 symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature, or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell)
- Participants must not attend a course if they are required to self-isolate due to themselves or someone in their household/support bubble being tested positive for COVID-19, or if they have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and informed they need to self-isolate. In these situations, Woodmatters will offer the participant a transfer of their booking to any future Woodmatters course.
- Through attendance on a Woodmatters course, participants agree to Woodmatters retaining contact details for 21 days after the course ends, in the event that we are contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
- Equipment to be handled by participants will quarantined for 72 hours or be sanitised prior to further use if less than 72 hours has elapsed.
Lockdowns - Participants will be offered a course transfer if
- there are local lockdown restrictions placed on the area in which they live which means they are unable to travel to the course.
- In the situation that South Lakeland is placed under lockdown and the course is unable to run to keep within government guidelines. In this situation the course will be re-arranged at a later date. If this is not possible a refund will be offered.
At the Course Venue (all courses will be outside under a waterproof canopy except when government guidelines allow use of the Footprint Building)
- We will ensure regular cleaning of the work area, handles and surfaces.
- Handwashing and hygiene protocols will be in line with guidance.
- Everyone to wash hands/sanitise on arrival and regularly throughout the day.
- When outdoors there will be one handwash bowl per household bubble, otherwise running tap water will be used for handwashing with pump action soap. Paper towels will be provided where possible or ‘air drying’ of hands encouraged.
- We will advise that the two-metre or ‘one-metre plus’ social distancing rule is adhered to where possible for people from different households/bubbles. One of the ‘plus’ conditions is being outside which we will endeavour to do as much as is practical.
- Side walls will not be installed on any outdoor shelters and when inside any windows and doors will be left open to increase ventilation as much as is practical.
- We will brief all participants of the Covid protocol at the start of each session.
- Any equipment that needs to be shared will be sanitised between uses.
- Work and seating area will be set up to enable social distancing.
- Activities designed to enable social distancing as much as possible and to minimise any face to face contact between people in different households/bubbles.
- Staff to wear visor/ mask when administering first aid.
Food and Drink
- Participants to provide their own crockery and cutlery.
- People to bring their own food and drink wherever possible and encourage people to take their rubbish home with them.
- Limit access to food preparation areas. Minimise number of staff contact when handling food.
- Wash hands before handling food and equipment, and ensure frequent cleaning of surfaces.
- Allow the maximum number of participants within government regulations for that particular activity, that can reasonably follow social distancing guidelines (where they can stay 2 metres apart from other participants or ‘one metre plus’ where 2 metres is not viable).
- Exception: Attendance of a pre-existing and established school class bubble which is larger than 30 (incl school staff). In this case the size of the school bubble in attendance will be maintained with Woodmatters staff following social distancing guidelines. In any situation where Woodmatters staff need to come within 2m for activity related support then a mask will be worn.
Courses on School Sites:
- We will comply with all Covid related protocols as required by the school.
- All equipment brought onto school site will be sanitised or quarantined for 72hrs beforehand.
- Size of group: We will abide by the established school/class bubble system for the group we are working with.
- Woodmatters staff will follow social distancing guidelines between themselves and the school/class bubble. In any situation where Woodmatters staff need to come within 2m for activity related support then a mask will be worn.